You know that it is not always easy to maintain a positive attitude. The good news is that there are some things we can do to help us transition from the land of negativity to a much more positive and peaceful place.
Here are a few positive thinking tips for a positive attitude.
1) Focus on what you think about. As soon as a negative thought comes into your mind; purposefully make it a point to replace it with a positive one.
2) Stop letting other people’s negative attitudes influence yours. This may mean we need to stop hanging around with people who do nothing but spout negative stuff. We can’t afford to do this when our goal is to become more positive.
3) Make a list of all the areas in your life that you want to change. List all your negative attitudes too. If you can’t think of things to put on your list, just ask your family and friends. I’ll bet they’ll help you make it a really long list!
4) Take some time to write strong positive affirmation statements. Make a commitment to read those statements out loud every day. Know in your heart that you’re making progress, even if you can’t see it just yet. Just keep affirming the positive.
5) Take time to pray about this. You can’t change by yourself. But you can spend time with the One who is able to help. Do what you can, and let Him do the rest. It really is that simple.